Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Rose Milk

Thinking of rose milk then it’s summer. There comes always a smile on my face if I think about rose milk. My mum loves rose milk and always finds reasons to have this drink There’s a mindset for her that drinking rose milk calms down stomach ache. Many of my friends told that their children hate milk but whenever I bring this for potlucks as soon as the bottle is opened children gulp it up in a flash of time. Whether good for stomach or not but for sure quenches our taste buds. 
Rose Milk
Cuisine: Indian (South Indian/Tamil)
Category: Cold Beverage
Serves: 2
Prep time: 5 mins

Ingredients:
250ml boiled and refrigerated milk
1/2 tsp rose essence
Few drops of cherry red food colour
1tbsp+ ½ tsp Sugar

Method:
1.If you don’t use pasteurised milk then boil and refrigerate milk before preparing this recipe. Otherwise, the milk can be used as it is out from the fridge.
2.Add rose essence, sugar and food colour to the milk. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved.Check for sweetness and colour adjust accordingly.
  
 
Serve it chilledJ


Note:
I don’t mix water or ice to the milk as the taste and texture will be different. If you want you can make ice cubes from the same rose milk and add it to the drink later.This way we can avoid the drink getting diluted. I personally don't like artificial food colours that is why I used less colour but if you want your rose milk to be colourful add few more drops of food colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedbacks are valuable.Thanks :)